Magenta Purple - Glow in the Dark Pigment
Magenta Purple - Glow in the Dark Pigment
Make glowing soap, wax melts and other projects with our glow in the dark pigment powders! Available in 14 beautiful glow-in-the-dark colors. You can even combine different colors to create your own custom glow in the dark shades!
Glow in the dark pigment powders are great for soap and craft projects. Our glow pigments are excellent for both melt & pour soap and CP soap. Glow pigment powders are also approved for nail art and externally-applied makeup – however, usage limits apply. See FDA chart below for more details.
Magenta Purple in the Dark Pigment Powder
Our glow-in-the-dark powders are ethically and sustainably sourced, and are never tested on animals. See Data Sheets below for certifications.
- Your choice of 3g or 60g jars.
- Excellent to use in Melt & Pour Soap Bases or Cold Process Soap for a cool glow in the dark effect – great for Halloween themed soap!
- Make unique glowing wax melts with these glow-in-the-dark powders! Not recommended for candles. For colorful candles, use our Candle Dye Chips instead.
- Great for making glow-in-the-dark car freshies and aroma beads!
- Use our glow in the dark powders for resin and other craft projects such as painting, greeting cards and more.
TIPS: Test your final product to ensure optimal performance and no staining. Protect work areas and clothing when mixing.
NOTE: Glow in the dark powder is very dense. Because we sell our powders by weight, not volume, the jar may not be completely full.
STORAGE: Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark location.
SHELF LIFE: Indefinite
CAUTION: Keep out of reach of children and pets. Do not inhale. Wear a face mask while working with pigment powders. See FDA information below for usage restrictions.
Magenta Purple Glow in the Dark Powder
Color Family: Purple. Browse other purple colorants here.
FDA Approved Color Additive Applications:
|FDA-Permitted for External Use (Including Nail Art)
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||No|
|FDA-Permitted for General Use (Including Lips)
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||No|
* The FDA has limits on the frequency that glow powder can be used for external products like face makeup and nail polish. Glow in the dark cosmetic products are intended for infrequent use, e.g. Halloween makeup. Glow powder is not meant to be used for makeup/nail polish that is worn daily. Although glow powders are approved for infrequent external use, the powder must be no greater than 10% of the total mixture. Glow powder is not approved for eye makeup, lip products or bath bombs.
Physical Form: Powder
Country of Origin: China
Particle Size: 20-25 μm
PH Value: 7-8
Ingredients (Common Name): Diatomaceous Earth, Aluminum Oxide, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Zinc Oxide, FD&C Red No. 40
International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients (INCI): Diatomaceous Earth, Alumina, Argilla, Zinc Oxide, FD&C Red No. 40 (CI 16035),
|California Prop 65 Statement:||This product is not on the CA Prop 65 list of toxic chemicals.
This product conforms to the reporting requirements of California Proposition 65 (Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986). We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above mentioned regulations via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) and are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).
How to Use Glow in the Dark Powder
To see the glowing effect, please expose the product to light first. This activates (charges) the glow powder so you can see it in the dark. Any light source will work (black light, daylight, fluorescent light, or incandescent light). The charge time will vary depending on the light source used.
We do not recommend using other pigments in your project if you are using glow in the dark powder. Other pigments you use may decrease the glowing effect. If you want to use other colors, we recommend making glow-in-the-dark embeds that you can incorporate with other colors of soap.
Cold Process (CP) Soap: 2–2½ tsp. per pound of oils.
Melt & Pour (MP) Soap Base: ½–1 tsp per pound of soap base.
- Aroma Beads: Use ¼–½ tsp per pound of beads.
- Wax Melts: Use up to 2 tsp. of glow powder per pound of C55 Wax to create glowing wax melts. Note: glow powders will create a pastel color in wax. Dye chips and pigment powders can be used together to get different effects. However, please note that using dye chips with glow powder may affect how brightly the wax glows.
- You will need to charge your glow in the dark projects in the light in order to see the glowing effect.
You may vary the amount of glow pigment powder you use to lighten or darken the hue of your product. Use the amounts listed to achieve bright, rich colors without creating colored soap suds. Using too much glow powder can cause staining. We recommend testing different measurements to find what works for you. We are not able to accept returns on our pigment powders. We suggest purchasing a 3g sample size of our glow powders.Data Sheets
HOW TO USE
HOW TO USE
See above for usage information.