Make your own air fresheners with these unscented beads! Simply mix fragrance oil with these beads and let your imagination run wild. The possibilities are endless:
- Use aroma beads in muslin bags or organza sachets.
- Use liquid dye to color your beads and display them in a glass jar.
- Melt aroma beads into shapes in your oven using cookie cutters.
- Make your own air fresheners for your car.
- Mix aroma beads with mica or glitter to create a shimmering effect.
How to Use
- Add beads to a glass jar or HDPE plastic jar.
- Add fragrance oil (1-2 oz per pound of beads recommended).
- Optional: add mica powder or glitter (2-4 micro scoops per pound of beads recommended).
- Shake the jar to mix.
- Allow fragrance time to absorb into beads. As beads absorb, shake or stir them regularly (every few hours) to ensure even distribution.
- Depending on fragrance used, it may take 1 day up to 1 week for fragrance to completely absorb.
- Once beads have absorbed scent, they are ready to use for projects.
Note: Beads can hold 20-30% fragrance load, but it works best to add a small amount of fragrance at a time. Adding too much fragrance at once will make absorption difficult. Additional fragrance can be added after absorption is complete, but keep in mind beads can typically hold no more than 30% fragrance. Maximum fragrance load may vary depending on the fragrance you choose.
Read Aroma Beads 101: Everything You Need to Know about Making Aroma Beads for more information on making projects with Aroma beads!
Material: Ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA) virgin plastic pellets.
Country of Origin: United States
Melt point: approx. 165 degrees Fahrenheit
Pellets come unscented. Add any fragrance you wish to create scented beads.
- EVA plastic is considered safe for food production, packaging and transportation. Once scent is added, beads should not be used for items that will come into contact with food.
- EVA pellets do not not contain plasticizing agents such as phthalates.
- BPA free.
- If using for a product that will come in contact with skin, be sure to use skin-safe fragrance oils. Refer to the IFRA statement for each fragrance for more information on skin-safe levels.
- Do not use aroma beads in a wax melter or potpourri burner. Do not expose beads to an open flame.
- Avoid using temperatures greater than 350 degrees Fahrenheit to melt the beads. Excessively temperatures may cause beads to burn. Aroma beads should not emit any fumes when melted at recommended temperatures.
Read Aroma Beads FAQ: Helpful Things to Know Before Making Aroma Beads for more information.
California Prop 65 Statement:
This product is not on the CA Prop 65 list of toxic chemicals.
This product conforms to the reporting requirements of California Proposition 65 (Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986). We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above mentioned regulations via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) and are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).
Aroma Scent Beads