Make your own air fresheners with these unscented aroma beads! Simply mix fragrance oil with these beads and let your imagination run wild. The possibilities are endless:
- Use aroma beads in muslin bags or organza sachets.
- Melt aroma beads into shapes in your oven using cookie cutters.
- Make your own air fresheners for your car.
- Mix aroma beads with mica or glitter to create a colorful shimmering effect.
- Use liquid dye to color your beads and display them in a glass jar.
How to Use
Please Note: We use pure EVA beads. No fillers or cheap alternatives. It is important to follow our instructions, even if they differ from instructions received with another brand of beads.
- Add beads to a glass jar or HDPE plastic jar.
- Add fragrance oil (1 oz per pound of beads recommended).
- Optional: add mica powder or glitter (2-4 micro scoops per pound of beads recommended).
- Shake the jar to mix.
- Allow fragrance time to absorb into beads. Shake or stir them regularly (every few hours) to help the fragrance absorb.
- Depending on fragrance used, it may take 1 day to 2+ weeks for fragrance to completely absorb.
- Once beads have absorbed the scent and are dry, they are ready to use for projects.
- Our instructions for making aroma beads may differ from those you have used with other brands of beads. Likewise, if you have made aroma beads in the past, our instructions may differ from the process that you are accustomed to following. Please follow our instructions when using our aroma beads.
- Beads can hold up to a 20-30% fragrance load, but it works best to add a small amount of fragrance at a time. Adding too much fragrance at once will make absorption difficult. We recommend adding no more than 1 oz of fragrance per pound of beads at one time. Additional fragrance can be added after absorption is complete, but keep in mind beads can typically hold no more than 20 to 30% fragrance. Maximum fragrance load may vary depending on the fragrance you choose.
- Download our printable Aroma Bead Info Sheet for easy reference! Click here for your free printable PDF.
- Read our blog on How to Make Aroma Beads for additional helpful information on making aroma beads.
- Check out Aroma Beads 101 and our Aroma Beads FAQ for more information on using Aroma beads!
- For more helpful tips, check out all of our aroma bead blog posts here!
Please purchase a small amount of beads for testing purposes first. All aroma bead sales are final.
Material: Ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA) virgin plastic pellets.
Country of Origin: United States
Shape: Rounded / Flat Oval
Appearance: Semi-opaque; uncolored
Melt point: approx. 165 degrees Fahrenheit
Pellets come unscented. Add any fragrance you wish to create scented beads.
- EVA plastic is considered safe for food production, packaging and transportation. Once scent is added, beads should not be used for items that will come into contact with food.
- EVA pellets do not not contain plasticizing agents such as phthalates.
- BPA free.
- If using for a product that will come in contact with skin, be sure to use skin-safe fragrance oils. Refer to the IFRA statement for each fragrance for more information on skin-safe levels.
- Do not use aroma beads in a wax melter or potpourri burner. Do not expose beads to an open flame.
- Keep beads out of reach of children & pets. Beads pose a choking hazard due to their small size.
- Avoid using temperatures greater than 350 degrees Fahrenheit to melt the beads. Excessively temperatures may cause beads to burn. Aroma beads should not emit any fumes when melted at recommended temperatures.
California Prop 65 Statement:
This product is not on the CA Prop 65 list of toxic chemicals.
This product conforms to the reporting requirements of California Proposition 65 (Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986). We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above mentioned regulations via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) and are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).
Aroma Scent Beads