Bath Soap Crayons Recipe
Make bath time fun with these easy to make bath crayons. Made with melt and pour soap. Kids love making these crayons and using them during bath time!
Bath Soap Crayon Making Kit - Includes everything you need in 1 easy to use kit!
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 6 Sets of 6 Bath Crayon Colors (36 Total)
• 27 oz. Premium Extra Clear MP Soap Base
• 3 oz. Natural Glycerin
• 15 ml(s) Body Safe Fragrance Oil
• 7.5 ml(s) Vanilla Color Stabilizer for Melt and Pour Soap
• 1 Teaspoon(s) Matte Americana Red Oxide Pigment Powder
• 1 Teaspoon(s) Matte Woodland Green Pigment Powder
• 1 Teaspoon(s) Matte Yellow Oxide Pigment Powder
• 1 Teaspoon(s) Matte Cobalt Blue Ultramarine Powder
• 1 Teaspoon(s) Matte Lavender Ultramarine Powder
• 1 Teaspoon(s) Matte Pink Ultramarine Powder
• 36 Piece(s) 0.5oz White Round Lotion Bar Set - Dial Up for Making Soap Crayons
• 6 Piece(s) Muslin Drawstring Bags (5x7 Large)
• Digital Scale
• Straight Soap Cutter
• Cutting Matt
• Mix and Pour Funnel Pitcher
• 2 Plastic Pipettes
• 7 Beakers for Pouring
• Cordless Mini Mixer
INCI Ingredient Label: Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide, Ultramarines.
DIY Homemade Soap Crayon Recipe Directions
NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron and covered work area.
- In plastic beaker, mix 2.5 ml fragrance oil with 1.5 ml stabilizer. Let sit for at least two minutes.
- In plastic beaker, add 0.50 oz. glycerin and 1 teaspoon of one color. Stir with mini-mixer to incorporate dry powder into liquid.
- To mix & pour funnel pitcher, add 4.5 oz. cut up clear soap. Heat in microwave until melted.
- Add color mixture and fragrance mixture to melted soap and stir well.
- Pour into six round lotion tubes, filling to the top. Set aside to harden.
- Repeat steps 1-5 with other colors.
- Place caps onto tubes. Place one of each color in muslin bag.
- Label accordingly.
NorthWood Distributing is not responsible for the products you create from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe testing to ensure compatibility and safety.